3 Easy-To-Make Hairstyles for Naturally Curly Hair. If you have curly hair, odds are you either embrace it wholeheartedly or wish to the hair gods that it were different. After all, big curls are a blessing, but they’re not always easy to manage. That’s why we swept the blogosphere to put together these nine hair tutorials.
Each of these styles takes less than five minutes, yet they somehow produce chic, Pinterest-worthy results. Scroll through to the end of this list; there’s a 98% chance you’ll fall back in love with your curls.
1. If you’re starting with freshly washed hair, grab a curl-enhancing wave spray, like Ouidad’s Wave Create Sea Spray ($26). Scrunch through damp hair, then let air dry.
2. Part your hair where you naturally do. Then grab a small section of hair from either side of your head (toward the front at about eye level). Bring these sections to meet at the back of your head.
3. At the back of your head, tie these sections of hair into a regular knot (just as you would to begin tying your shoes).
4. Create another knot about a half-inch below the first one. There should be a gap between the two knots, creating a circle shape.
5. Pin the style in place with a couple of bobby pins, and you’re finished!
1. Gather back a section from the top of your hair, and secure into a half-ponytail.
2. Separate the ponytail into two equal sections, one on top and one underneath.
3. Let the section underneath drop. Now grab the section on top and split it in half, one on the left and one on the right.
4. Now pull up that lower section you dropped in between the right and left sections you just created on top. Temporarily secure it there with a hair clip.
5. Secure the left and right sections with an elastic.
6. Release the now upper section from the clip, and split it into a left and a right section, like you did in step three.
7. Repeat steps four and five, pulling up the lower section in between the right and left section, and securing those together with an elastic.
8. Repeat until you reach the end of your hair. Secure the end with a final elastic.
9. Carefully tug sideways at the loops of the braid to fatten it up.
10: Optional: To hide the top elastic, grab a small section of hair from right next to it, wrap it around the elastic, elastic and tuck it away it with a bobby pin.
Crown Twist (One of the best hairstyles naturally curly hair)
So what if this hairstyle takes just three minutes and no expertise? You could totally wear it to a summer wedding and pretend that you spent an hour on the look.
1. Take a small section of hair from one side of your head. For a messier finish, leave a few face-framing strands loose.
2. Twist that section toward the back of your head in an upward direction. When you get to the back, secure the twist to your head with a bobby pin.
3. Repeat steps 1–2 on the other side of your head, and voilà!